Friday, March 9, 2012

TToF: Vintage-y finds of the Cute Kind

Friday night, and I've finally pulled myself away from sewing & Mass Effect 3 long enough for this week's installment of--


Whooo! :D

Anyway, this week I managed to find quite a few "vintage-y" type things, which is always fun. I apologize in advance for some of the pictures...it's been raining like crazy the last 2 days, so the lighting's kinda crap. :/ First up!


A Snoopy bag from the 70's! I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a kid's messenger-style bag, or if it's supposed to be a diaper bag...I've tried looking for a similar design on both Etsy and eBay and came up empty handed. It was only a dollar, so I figured why not? I found out later that sadly, the zipper doesn't work...but it's still so cute (and hard to find?) that I didn't really mind so much. It's made of a vinyl material, so it's pretty sturdy. I might throw it up on Listia if I can't figure out what to do with it, heh.

Second!

An original Strawberry Shortcake "Lemon Meringue" doll from '84! I was surprised to find this...she was buried all the way at the bottom of a box of toys, and she was wearing some kind of glittery Barbie tutu. XD She did have her original socks/stockings, but that's about it. Her hair still faintly smells fruity, though, which also surprised me! I believe when these first came out, I had her along with Strawberry. She was cheaper than the Snoopy bag, but only by a penny.






The third:


I laughed when I picked this up out of the CD rack because the backside of it has a picture of Echo The Dolphin (which is probably one of the cheesiest games ever made, if you've never played it)...but when I opened it up, it was the Arcade Classics and Sonic CD instead! :|a Hmmm! I've tried finding info on this release (it has "NOT FOR RESALE" plastered all over it, so I'm not sure if this is a promo release or if it might've been bundled with something?) but haven't come up with anything yet...If anyone knows about it, I'd be interested to hear! I don't have a Sega CD System, but this set was a whopping .49 cents, so I bought it anyway. (I have a habit of picking up video games from thrift stores if they're cheap, since sometimes you never know what's worth money in that market. They could use a good cleaning, though.)

And last, but not least!

Ok, this one's not as vintage-y, but still pretty cute! This tote was the most expensive thing I bought this trip at $1.49. Not too shabby, considering totes like these are usually around $5 or more! And it's in pretty good condition, too. :D I love how the bow on her ear is shaped like a candy. Cute!


Grand total this trip: about $3.97 + tax

What do you think, guys? Worth it?

Ok, back to video games now! ;D Until next time!
♥Usamimi

2 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the Snoopy Bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say maybe 13 inches long and 5 inches wide? Maybe 7 or 8 inches tall. (Those are just approximations, since I don't have a ruler handy.)

      Delete