Friday, February 24, 2012

TToF: They can't ALL be treasures...

Friday has rolled around again! Time for another exciting edition of:


...or maybe not?

This week I actually didn't find anything all that interesting on my thrifting trip (unless you count a couple of books. But that's not exciting to post about!). So while I was looking around, I realized that this was a good opportunity to talk about some other aspects of thrifting. Obviously, you're not ALWAYS going to find something good whenever you go looking. In fact, more often than not you're going to be subjected to something that's most commonly known as "thrift horror". What's thrift horror, you might ask? It's basically the hilariously BAD junk that you see at any thrift store or garage sale...the kind of stuff you couldn't even give away. The kind of junk you see and don't know whether to laugh at or burn so that you never have to be subjected to looking at it again.

So this week, I decided to show you a couple of thrift horrors I found at one of my local Goodwill stores.


First off, we have...a cow, wearing a dress, and holding a teddy bear. At least, I think that's what it's supposed to be?

Speaking of cows...


I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a cow, or an AT-AT Walker in disguise. XD


I've seen my share of ugly clocks in thrift stores, but this one...D: Ugh. Who would voluntarily hang something like this in their home?!

And last, but not least...

We have a sad shelf of lonely, discarded bears. (That poor "artist" bear in the right corner looks so confused.)

If you can believe it, there's way worse (and funnier) thrift horrors out there to be seen. There's the Thrifthorror blog, and even a community where people can post and share their own finds at the Thrifthorror Livejournal community. Be warned--some of these are so hilariously bad, you might spend a good chunk of time looking through a lot of crazy photos. XD

Well, that's all for this week! Maybe I'll find something cool my next trip. ;D

♥Usamimi

No comments:

Post a Comment