Friday, February 10, 2012

TToF: Pink Nostalgia edition

Has it been a week already?! It's already time for my second installment of:


I was lucky yesterday to have come to the Goodwill while they were putting out new stuff. It's fun to be able to get your hands on things first before anyone else!

First up, I found this cute pink shopping tote. I dunno about you guys, but I'm always on the lookout for reusable shopping bags that are not only functional, but look nice. This was apparently an Old Navy tote...not sure how old, but I liked the design, the pattern, and the colors. And for $.99, it cost about as much as those ugly ones you see at the grocery store all the time, so why not?







Now here's one I was really happy to find! An extra-large, 3rd Gen "Styling" My Little Pony--none other than Pinkie Pie!


I took the second picture with the "new" version of Pinkie Pie, so you can get an idea of just how much bigger this one is versus the smaller ponies. Yes, as a child of the 80's, I will fully admit that I loved My Little Pony. I will also admit that I regret having to get rid of about 99% of my old toys, so whenever I see an MLP that I think is cute from the Goodwill, well...I tend to rescue them, clean them up a bit, and either keep them; or put them up for swap on places like Listia. Since Pinkie is just so cute, well...how could I resist?! She definitely needs some TLC (especially a good hair-washing--it's all in knots!), but for a measly $.99, she was a pretty good find.


And finally...as if talking about My Little Pony wasn't enough, we have my last find of the day: Share Bear, the Care Bear. Yes, another obsession of mine in the 80's was, like many little kids, Care Bears. I used to have quite the collection, too. But of course like many toy collections of old, I reached my teen years and let my toy collection either get taken by a sibling, or get donated to charity by a parent. So, much like my weakness for cute pink ponies, I also have a weakness for these cute little stuffed guys. My favorite Care Bear was Cheer Bear, but I'm not biased. This plush was actually made in the early '00s for the reboot of the franchise, but I don't really mind...actual vintage Care Bears can be few and far between. And for $.50? Sure, why not!

Grand total this trip: about $2.50 + tax

And there you have it! What do you think of this week's finds? Feel free to leave comments!

Until next time!
♥Usamimi

2 comments:

  1. That tote is ridiculous! I kind of adore it! I need to be better about remembering to take my reusable shopping bags, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love taking totes shopping at Target, because you get 5 cents off for each bag you bring. >D Mwahaha~

      Delete